Forums · Haunting Evidence Show - Court TV

Carrie

0 +0

Jul 12 '06

I haven't seen this one but I'd like to check it out! Just the other day I was talking to a friend of mine who is a detective. He was telling me about a seminar he had gone to with his job. The guy giving it was showing some nifty gadgets and equipment, more or less some type of night vision that allowed them to see if blood had been cleaned off walls, floors, surfaces, etc...of crime scenes. The guy showed them a case where they had filmed a crime scene -- and an apparition appeared in the film. My friend was pretty impressed.

I'll be sure to catch this show and tell my friend about it!
Rating: 0

azspirit

0 +0

Jul 13 '06

I love the crime investigation shows that are about the real cases, but shy away from the fiction ones. That Haunting Evidence is a good show, and I really like it. Kell and I are both forensics fanatics, and it does us no good at all to tune in a crime drama, where we start pointing out all of the mistakes they are making with evidence collection, etc. It is really kind of funny.

That special night vision device you mentioned, Carrie, sounds like it will be the up and coming replacement for luminol, the liquid that is sprayed on surfaces, then lights turned out, and a black light makes all areas with a trace of blood glow in an eerie green, even when cleanups have been attempted. I am sure you have probably seen shows where they use it. Those goggles would make it quick and simple, but I wonder if that will allow photos to be taken through the goggles? That will be a possible stumbling block with the goggles for crime scene photography. Interesting!

Mare

Carrie

0 +0

Jul 13 '06

Mare, that is pretty much what I gathered from him, it would allow photos to be taken through the goggles. If they caught that bit of paranormal evidence during the developmental stage of that product, it makes me wonder how common it will be once the goggles are more widely used. I'm going to have to ask him more about exactly what the gadget was.

I caught the show last night and really enjoyed it. This is one I'll tune in for each week.

azspirit

0 +0

Jul 15 '06

Thanks, Carrie, for trying to get more information about the new detective gadget! I am always interested in the latest stuff for investigations.

That is a cool show, and I am glad you enjoyed it! =)

Mare

SavannahSilkie

0 +0

Jul 18 '06

I like this show a lot so far. They have a message board on Court TV website for Haunting Evidence and a Q&A thing, along with info about haunted crime scenes. Here's a link if yall are interested.
Haunting Evidence[/URL]

Hugs,
Pate

Carrie

0 +0

Jul 19 '06

I've read Leslie Rule's " Ghosts Among Us" which several of the chapters from the haunted crime scenes was taken and found it very interesting. Thanks for the info Pate!

ghostwatch

0 +0

Aug 17 '07

Yeah I watched it and like it. I believe the investigators are the real thing.