Forums · Animal Spirit Knowledge Cards

Renee

0 +0

Aug 29 '05

Year's ago I bought these card that were paintings of animal spirits-done by Susan Boulet-and on the back are the various spiritual meanings associated with them in different cultures. They're quite informative but, I honestly just bought them because they were pretty. I hadn't even looked at them in quite some time but I got them out tonight. As I was looking through them I thought it would be cool for hubby and I to pick out our favorites and see what they said. We each picked 10, based on anything about them that appealed to us. We each read the information, out loud, from the others card's and found our picks remarkably insightful. We had a great time interpreting and learning about the different aspects of ourselves and each other and we were able to spend time with just "us", instead of the distraction of books, movies, the computer, and a great many other things. We decided that we do this or something similar again, maybe once a month or so. With all the every day distraction's it's so easy to forget to communicate about the important stuff and connect with each other. They were a terrific learning tool.
Rating: 0

cat!spiritkeep

0 +0

Aug 30 '05

The animal spirit knowlege cards sound really neat Renee. What a great idea for you and hubby to spend time alone exploring yourselves and each other with them. The every day distractions certainly do make it easy for us to forget to take the time to connect with each other on what truly matters.

I have a set of cards that sound similar to these in that they too are about self discovery. I have the Sacred Path Cards (The discovery of self through native teachings). They are beautifully illustrated (44 cards) and each holds a paticular meaning and message. They were developed by Native American medicine teacher Jamie Sams.

Thanks for sharing this as I had forgotten I had these and I think it's time to take them out again. =)

Renee

0 +0

Sep 22 '05

Cat, did you ever get your Sacred Path Cards out? Those sound really cool. It's funny, it had never occured to me to use those cards that way but we sure enjoyed them. I suppose it really say's something about the artist that her interpretations ended up being accurate for us.

[ September 22, 2005, 05:01 PM: Message edited by: Renee ]

cat!spiritkeep

0 +0

Sep 22 '05

Ya I took them out and read the book a little but haven't done a reading yet. I like to be in a relaxed state of mind when I use them as it can be very influencing if your not and things have been a little wonky lately. I am anxious to do a reading though as with the recent changes in my life it should be an intersting read. There are different lay-outs for the cards you can do so maybe I'll start with the basic one first. I'm definitely in a better frame of thought then I have been the last cpl of weeks so should be good to give it a go. I'll let you know if anything intersting comes up. =)

cat!spiritkeep

0 +0

Sep 25 '05

Hey Renee,
Did a reading and wow it was spot on. Did a peace tree spread (5 cards) and the order they presented and the application for each was accurate to the situation and very insightful in it's teaching. My son did one as well using the peace tree and amazing. I know his reading opened his eyes, he enjoyed it alot and in fact wrote things down afterwards. I know that much comes from within but when your dealing with 40 cards of different meaning and the combination they could come up with it's pretty neat when they appear as they do. =) Will definitely have to keep the cards out and as it will be neat to see how things change in a month or two from now. Great way to tap into yourself and remove barriers that are holding you back.
hugs, Cat =)

edit - typo

[ September 25, 2005, 05:59 PM: Message edited by: Cat ]

Renee

0 +0

Sep 25 '05

That's great Cat! I'm glad that the two of you enjoyed it so much and that you got so much out of it. I don't know how to use the card's in that way- that's why we just picked out our favorite pictures, but your way sounds really cool too. It's so much fun to do it with someone close to you. I had never done anything like it before so I was really amazed at how helpfull it was. It will be interesting how things change later on. Your right, it is a great way to tap into yourself. I think that we get so busy doing this and that, that we forget the qualities that we have within ourselves and we need to remember them from time to time. Both hubby and I had picked a card or two that were accurate but not fully realized and that reminded us about things we need to work on.

supernatural

0 +0

Aug 17 '12

I had a friend give me a set of these cards. I would love to know more on how to do a reading with them. I was only given the cards their was no other information given with them. Would i just do a typical spread for tarot cards or is their special spreads. Any information would be appreciated. I have read and learned things about tarot cards and runes astrology and other things but I do not know much on this subject. Would love to learn more! Thanks!