Forums · Natalee Holloway Case

Carrie

0 +0

Jun 28 '05

Anyone else following this? What a sordid mess!

My original theory was that Natalee probably had some sort of tragic accident (alcohol poisoning and/or other possibilities). Joran knew about it, and may have had something to do with it. The kids were fooling around on the beach and something went horribly wrong. In a panic, Joran with the help of the Kalpoe brothers dispose of her body. Joran possibly confides in his father, who advises him to keep quiet. Pure speculation, but I feel the father is a decent man -- maybe too caught up in his career to realize he has a kid that has gotten really messed up. When the kid confides in him, he covers for him even though he knows it is wrong -- he has a career at stake, along with the life of one of his children. I think the Dad knows the kid is in some way involved and that knowledge is destroying him.

Now, that was my original theory. I'm wondering now if this wasn't part of a more sinister cover up. Could these three young men been involved in some sort of slave trade, drug cartel, etc...?

I don't think this case would change my mind about going to Aruba, or anywhere else for that matter. I'm too old and boring for the party scene and I've traveled enough to know some do's and don'ts. I've also got to admit that I would not have allowed my teenage daughter to go there without me, even before news of this case hit.

I taught for too long, and I have a good memory of what I was like at that age. I can guarantee my kid will not go on a senior trip. I believe I know just about every trick in the book because I've either seen it in action or tried it myself all those numerous years ago.

In sixteen years, James and I will gladly offer to take her and a friend or two someplace, but we will be a visible presence. I'm not criticizing Natalee's family in any way by that statement, my heart goes out to them. I'm only speaking from my own experience and what I know about trips like these.

I also feel badly for the majority of the people in Aruba, who are law-abiding citizens, dependent on a tourist economy. I know here in the states, we've been throwing some blame around on their government and legal system. I feel the Aruban police may have bungled the initial investigation, but it isn't like we've never had that problem here.

Years ago, I lived near Galveston County, a place well known for numerous unsolved crimes against young women. I always felt that at least some of them were the work of a serial killer, but most of the cases were never solved. This case isn't much different from any of those.

Anyone else have some opinions or theories on this case? I wonder if we'll ever know the truth?
Rating: 0

Green Witch

0 +0

Jun 28 '05

Well,
personaly, i think that she was probably just caught up at some party and those 3 brothers had something to do with it. I dont think Abura is covering it up, thats just me. i wish and hope that hopefully they will find her alive. Today on the news you hear of these things so much you just wonder how it could happen to these girls. To these children for that matter! What sick *******s ( sry i just get so caught up and upset over these things) Well, like i said above i hope they find her alive and safe.

GateKeeper

0 +0

Aug 7 '08

im starting to wonder if this case will go down as another mystery...