Forums · Anyone here Psychic/Spiritual Medium/Astral Travel?

dancinwithangels

0 +0

May 1 '05

Just trying to get to know some of you. I have been browsing some posts and was wondering who is psychic. Who, if anyone claim to be a medium. And anyone Astral travel? If so I would like to hear about your experiences. I have read that a lot of you love Sylvia Browne. I love her books. She certainly has a gift.
Dancin'w/angels
Rating: 0

SavannahSilkie

0 +0

May 4 '05

Hi dancin,

I am a big fan of Sylvia Browne's. Her books are great and a lot of things she says makes sense. I base that on experiences I've had in my life with the paranormal. I think all of us have a "sixth" sense, just some people are more in tune with it than others. I've had a few occasions when I believe I have experienced astral travel. I read a theory about shadow ghosts, that sometimes they could be attributed to astral travel. My hubby and son have seen a "shadow" in my house numerous times. They both say the same thing, that it moves in the direction of my bedroom everytime they have seen it. Each time this has happened has been early morning before I get up (I'm a night owl)or at times when I am napping. Each time, I get up within a few minutes of them seeing the shadow. So, it does make me wonder...is that shadow, really me? I had an occasion when I was a teenager, when I was "dreaming" that I flew to a friend's house and saw them sleeping. I left there and went to the creek where I sat and dabbled my feet in the water. When I woke up, it seemed so real. My feet felt clammy, sort of like when you walk on grass where dew has fallen. I have no idea if that was psychosomatic from the dream, or what. I have always felt that I had a very real memory of astral travel that time.

Hugs,
Pate

dancinwithangels

0 +0

May 6 '05

I have never heard of "shadow ghosts". It does make a lot of sense and makes ya wonder. I receive a lot of messages from my dreams. But I can only remember them for a brief moment when I first wake up. I can lay there and think about my dreams and it seems like as soon as my feet hit the floor the dream is gone from my memory. Every night when I go to bed I pray to remember my dreams when I wake up. But it hasn't happened yet. Only for a few brief moments. I remember only 30 - 40 % of my dreams and it is just bits and pieces of them. Strange huh? Maybe I'm not suppose to remember. I feel like I spend a lot of time with my Mother in my dreams. I still miss her so much. It has been 16 yrs since her passsing. We were also best friends. I know she is with me. Sometimes it feels like I can just reach out and touch her. She is there and it is like a thin veil is seperating us. Or a cloud is blocking my vision of her. Hard to explain. She was 51 when she died. But in my dreams she is much younger. Oh well, life sure isn't a bowl of cherries!! Thanks for listening.
"Dancin'W/Angels

wacava

0 +0

May 7 '05

Great question dancin'!

Good points pate. It could very possibly have been you walking around. I never thought that a shadow ghost could be someone traveling. Maybe that is why the shadow ghost in my old house was so curious about me?

My husband can travel at will and I am still working on it. He has been teaching me the safe way to do it. I have traveled once when I was put under for an endoscopy. The doctor was shocked when I asked him how the stomach biopsy came out when they hadn't planned on doing one. I remember suddenly being above the room watching them do this procedure on me. It wasn't scary or unpleasant either,I actually felt quite peaceful.

As far as being a medium, occasionally, I do hear the voices of my family and am able to relay some messages from them. Some of my dreams turn out to be real sometimes. I dreamt of a fire in my Mother In Laws apartment complex and the next day my sister in law called me and told me that one of the buildings burned to the ground. I have had several experiences with that but, cannot tell which are actually dreams and which will turn out to be real.

3 days before a death in the family or a mass casualty, I am walking on eggshells. It is a feeling of dread and I become miserable. My husband always worries when I get like that because he has seen it happen so many times over the past 18 years.

Maybe your mother is with you. It seems as though she is showing you that she is still around.

I look forward to hearing if anyone else has experiences like these.

Carrie

0 +0

May 7 '05

This is an interesting thread. If I had to classify myself, I would have to say that I'm probably what would be called a "sensitive". In other words, I pick up on emotions and feelings of the living as well as those who have passed on.

I've never really done the astral travel, but I do seem to have a knack for remote viewing and that type of thing.

If you've ever watched the show "Medium", there is an episode of Patricia Arquette going through a hospital with ear phones on. In the background the (Depeche Mode?) song "Reach out and touch me" is playing and she is ignoring the spirits that are reaching out to her. I had to laugh at that, because I have felt similar sensations when going into hospitals, antique stores, or places where tragedies have occured. I do tend to get overwhelmed in those situations. I don't consider myself to have medium abilities, but I am occasionally able to pick things up about individuals who have passed. I'm no John Edwards (wish I was!), but I have on occasion picked up little tidbits of information that I could not have known otherwise. Whether that is "mind reading" or actual communication with the dead, I couldn't say. [Sigh]

dancinwithangels

0 +0

May 9 '05

WACAVA, How interesting. So your Husband can Astral travel. Why doesn't he take you along for the ride??? HA! I try, try, try! Maybe I am in my deams that I have. Who knows. Sure seems like it sometimes. What tips and teachings does he give you? That is SOoooo interesting to me. But also a little scary. Afraid I won't come back! Yikes!

And for CARRIE........ I love the show The Medium. It is one of my favorites. I also go by my feelings. I also see things. It has been a while though. Which can be a good thing. I seen my granmother in her casket a few days before she died. I seen a car wreck before my cousin had her wreck. Seen my Uncle die before he died. And so on. Sometimes things happen and I ask myself why I didn't see it coming?? It's like you are watching a movie in front of you and you are froze.
Dancin'W/Angels

Toni

0 +0

Feb 10 '06

The only time I can remember actually going somewhere in travel was a few months ago. My home was distroyed by Katrina and we finally got a house a quarter mile away. I dont know how I got there but I was standing near the old porch looking around. I guess I felt safe enough to go back home.

Carrie

0 +0

Feb 10 '06

Wow, Toni! What an experience. Did this incident happen shortly after the hurricane? We had several friends and family effected by Katrina and later we had a close call ourselves with Rita.

I've theorized sometimes traumatic or stressful experiences can trigger things like that. I know during the time we were evacuated I felt like I was on edge all the time. It seemed like some of my senses were on overdrive and I was a little more perceptive than usual. Several people I know reported the same type of things, especially in the weeks following the aftermath of the storm.

Ravenheart

0 +0

Nov 30 '06

Hi,

Sorry to be late in posting...

I am a sensitive, empath, am highly intuitive, am a type 2 SLIder, am very telepathic and precognitive, but I still do not claim to be psychic. Mainly, this is because there are a lot of preconceptions about what a psychic is and what they do. Also, I am non-competitive, do not do it for money, and don't gaurentee that I am always correct, nor do I wish to saddle myself with others karma when they take things I might say as the literal be all and end all.
I am quite unconsciously, (now consciously), comfortable with astral projection and do it a lot, both purposely and naturally. I have also been described as having had a lot of paranormal experiences and having lived through many strange and unexlplained events. I do Tarot readings, but for family only. I consult both German and healing runes and scry as part of my system of divination.
I have explored Native American Medecine Ways , Wicca, Witchcraft, Neo-paganism, Modern-day Christianity, know about a few Catholic practices as well as Bhuddist and some Hindu. I have learned about many different spiritual practices such as Shambala and Reiki, and have read about the other Gods and Goddesses that have existed in in different cultures at various times in history.
I have lived for forty-five years and because of certain life experiences, have gained a lot of insight into life, the world, reality, human nature and my own being.
I have experienced Ghosts, Spirits, Sleep paralysis, and lots of other paranormal phenomena. I do not know it all, but know what I know, if you know what I mean. I try to be very open-minded, religiously tolerant, and honest in my dealing with others. The astral and psychic things are probably my favorite interests.
So, there you go....More than you ever wanted to know about me. LOL [Laughing]

Bright Blessings,
Ravenheart

Sebastian Tombs

0 +0

Nov 30 '06

I guess I am like Ravenheart. I would not call myself a psychic, but I do say I have managed to tap into some clairsentient and clairvoyant gifts. Occasionally, I can see those on the other side, which was the original reason I developed this side of me. I am able to give specific information that chance itself would not explain, and tend to have a reasonably good batting average. My best one was drawing the floor plan to someone's future home and being right on everything bar the front door.

I would not charge a penny for sharing my gift. But as to astral travelling, it is probably not the right time for me to do this, and I probably could hurt myself in the process.

peg!slacknet

0 +0

Dec 1 '06

Hi,

I am a little bit of everything. Nothing controlled..........stuff happens as it may around here. I have thought about, since I have the time now, of getting some type of training.
My abilities are willy nilly, but when its something I really need to know.....usually,I get it. Sometimes I just don't get it?
About shadows. I (and I do not know where I get this from) beleive that its people in the next demension..........kinda not here quite fully. I do beleive they can see us as we them. I have surprised at least one pretty badly that I apologized to him/her.
I try to do the best I can do with what I have got. And many times I have helped people with my gifts.........its just not something I offer up usually. Unless like what happened two weeks ago, and this is usually how it is. I kept smelling burning, like plastic, wires. I called everyone I had been in contact with, that I knew, and warned them. Usually if I get some pre-cog its about someone I recently had contact with. My sons dryer caught on fire 5 days later. The down side is when I don't get it and something happens. I have been known to fall into pretty bad depression when this happens. Highs and lows.
I am with some of the other great people on this board. I am no John Edwards or Sylvia Brown. Me, I deal with what I have now and I am not sure that I would want to be them.
I seen Sylvia in September, she was really great.
Well, I just help where and when I can. Alot of my insight does come from the other side through my Spirit Guide (which is who I want to better communicate with......I drive her insane I am sure) and spirits.
I have had this all my life.......that I remember anyways. And most of my adult life I was too wrapped up in my career and life (raised three boys)to have time to fine tune this gift. Now I have the time and LOL don't know where to begin finding someone?
It was really nice reading about everyone! LOL I am such a busy body, but I love to know about people.
Take care and nice to meet you!
Peg

Ravenheart

0 +0

Dec 1 '06

Hey Sebastian and Peg..

Thanks for sharing and for being so honest. A lot of my "gifts" come and go, depending on the amount of time I have recently devoted to fine-tuning. I have a few personal beliefs about this kind of thing that, I would like to breifly share. I do consider these things as gifts, regardless of how strong or weak they may be at any given time, and I am very grateful for those gifts. I belief it is like exercising a flabby muscle in the respect that, learning to totally trust our intuition is not something that we are all prepared to do. I takes time and practice. Some people seem to be very gifted, but even a lot of these folks have to use their abilities often, in order to help keep their gifts strong.
Belief in yourself and your "inner-voice" can help a great deal too, it seems. I also believe that if we do not use our gifts for the greater good or, if we start getting egotistical and show off our gifts, then we are in danger of losing them or having them become more like a curse than a gift.
Any abilities I have come from a power greater than myself, and so, I am content to be at whatever level I am at along the path.
I think that this is a very interesting thread and I hope there will continue to be more posts here.

Love, light, and Laughter,
Ravenheart

Sebastian Tombs

0 +0

Dec 1 '06

I agree with you a lot, Ravenheart. We have these gifts for a reason and I agree that they are not for showing off, but for helping others to help themselves. I do have some internal trust issues, which I have to work on—or rather, recapture. Had a few tough years where I think I stopped listening to that voice for a while, and by exercising (love your analogy), I can likely get back to where I was.

azspirit

0 +0

Dec 2 '06

I, too, have psychic ability, which is still in it's "infancy", so to speak. For instance, I don't feel like I could do a show or write a book about it, but I do know it is there, and I know it is real. The ability comes and goes, often because I really don't exercise it enough.

For instance, things like "seeing" future events in my own life is difficult, but I often have an experience where I have something that definitely could happen in the future... but if it is kind of "grayed out" in my vision, I have had experiences where that particular thing does not come to pass. Other things I see more clearly, and they DO happen in their own time. So, when something is "grayed out" in my vision, I don't give it much credence, and it often proves to be right NOT to have believed in it. Strange, but that is how some of my gift works for me. I don't know what this might be called, but it happens to me quite often.

I am also good a finding things. I sit and think of the item, and simply tell my brain to "find". Then, I forget about it, and don't think about the item, sometimes for days. Then, suddenly, I can get a brief vision of where it is, and I can go to the place where it is and put my hand on it! This happened a short time ago with a title to a utility trailer that we owned, and hadn't used or licensed since 1998. We needed the title, because we wanted to get rid of it, and we traded it to a man for some labor he did for us. We needed the title, which none of us had laid eyes on in several years. I used my "find" method, and within hours, I opened our secretary, jammed to the brim with papers, and within less than a minute, the third item I touched turned out to be the original title to the trailer! This has worked for me many times, and it was a system I learned years ago from someone who was a very old soul who had been here on this earth as a human being several times.

I have also experienced OBE's, or "Out of Body Experiences". I remember leaving my body, and found myself in the back yard with a large black trash bag in my hands. It was empty, and unopened. I held it hanging across my chest, and the wind picked me up, and I was flying! I was able to steer it, and I flew to the place where I worked, a ten story glass building 12 miles away. I flew around, and above the roof area, and I saw a rag draped on the platform that they occasionally lowered over the sides of the building to wash the windows. I had never been on the roof, and hadn't seen the window washers for months. (Since I worked in Engineering, a few days later I was able to obtain a trip to the roof of the building, via the locked door, with a maintenance person, and there was the rag I saw in my OBE!! I was astounded. It hung in exactly the place where I saw it in my OBE. While I was flying, I also recall flying around other buildings in the area, and then I remember returning to my home, and returning to my body that was still in bed. I saw the "silver cord" that many believe ties the body and spirit together when I was re-entering. I slid into my body feet-first, through my head on the pillow. I have heard that if the silver cord is broken, the spirit will be unable to return to the body. The body would then be essentially dead, and the spirit would proceed on to wherever it was intended to go. Of all of my OBE's, this was the major one. I can still remember it as clearly as if it happened yesterday... and it was probably 20 years or more ago.

This is a very interesting thread, and it is great to hear from others, and to learn from some of their experiences. I do not consider myself a psychic, but I do have abilities that make me know that the gift is there. Perhaps it needs exercise, as Ravenheart said!

Those gifts I have include seeing shadow ghosts, orbs of light, and other strange things happening in our 55 year old home. Many paranormal things have happened here, and one or more of the three of us have witnessed some of them first hand. Like one evening I was sitting at my computer, and Kell sat beside me (on my right) at her computer. We were turned toward each other talking, and suddenly, something jerked the back of my blouse... so hard it made the shoulder fabric move, and the fabric touched my backbone when it happened. Kell saw the fabric move, and I felt and heard it move. Yet, there was nothing about my chair that could have caught it, and no one else was in the room. Kell saw a gray/black entity hovering above the floor between us, just slightly above and behind my right shoulder. It hasn't happened since, but it gave us both a rather scary occurance that we have never forgotten.

I also do Tarot Readings and Runes.

Another thing I work with quite often is my crystals. I have a really special crystal for healing, and I am still learning about it. The crystal was considered to be a great one for healing, since it was broken during it's formation, and then healed itself back together, with about a 1/16 inch difference in the matching of the edges. It also contains rainbows, which are said to give off the purest and strongest form of white light for healing. When someone here on the board asks for white light, I aim it in their general direction, and mentally tell the crystal about the person. I often send white light with my mind, but I feel it works best with the crystal.

I also believe strongly in the Native American culture, and I feel their presence at the many sacred places I have visited here in Arizona. I feel I was Native American in a previous life, because I have so many skills that are so akin to things they do, and mine were all just "resident knowledge" that I was born with, pretty much. About 90% of the time, I sit on the floor, as that is where I am most comfortable, and I have been that way all my life. (Ask my friends and family! LOL) Cooking on a wood fire comes very natural to me, which I discovered when we did alot of camping since I was a teen. I also like to smudge my living area with sage, and follow with a smudge of cedar, which makes the house "vibes" feel much better and more comfortable. I have also smudged myself and others in my family for blessing and healing purposes. If anyone is interested in learning more about this, I will get the information you will need to learn about it and how to obtain supplies.

Anyway, there are other things, too, but I'll stop here. I need to rest and think about other examples to tell you about. =)

Many blessings,

Mare

[ December 02, 2006, 12:14 AM: Message edited by: azspirit ]

ghostwatch

0 +0

Aug 7 '07

I love Sylvia Browne! I watch her on Montel every Wednesday...I have alot of her books. She's opened my eyes up to alot of things that I've been stewing about for years, I now have a grasp on them. Just wish I could get a reading with her but it's too darn expensive for me right now.
Anyone ever have a reading with her? How did she do if so? =)

nakis

0 +0

Aug 17 '07

I think we can all do these things to greater or lesser extents whether we believe in them or not.

I don't go around claiming anything. In fact I withdraw when people notice that I've done something that can't be explained otherwise.

But I will state from time to time that I'm psychic. Just as an affirmation of fact. To help affirm in people that it isn't just a bunch of phooey.

But I'll still maintain that it can all be just a figment of a deranged (to a lesser or greater extent) mind. I have to discount myself as sane though.
Ok, maybe a little looney tunes. Just a little. =)

ghostwatch

0 +0

Aug 17 '07

I totally agree with you nakis, I believe we all have this gift to different degrees. My husband tells me I'm psychic all the time and listens to me when I have "a feeling" about if he should do something. I've learned to listen, because I live to regret it otherwise. LOL!! We're all a little looney tuned....Have you ever astral traveled? I had a very vivid dream about 10 years ago where I flew over a beautiful field (no airplane was involved) by myself. It felt so free and I can still feel the exhileration to this day about it. =)

nakis

0 +0

Aug 21 '07

Funny you should say that GW. One of my favorite memories is flying far over fields, mountains and valleys. I don't know where I remember it from, astral projection, before or after this life, I don't know, I just remember that freedom of flying free through the air. One of my favorite memories. At least a memory I think. Since I can't say when it happened or will happen. I just get the feeling it occured but not in the normal time measuring of this world.

I've been reading your posts GW. The word that comes into my mind often when reading your posts is the word 'wise'. I'm hoping I'm not thinking of that because I like the way you think and what you say. The word is very prominent when I read your posts. I just felt the need to say that to you. =)

lizziegirl

0 +0

Aug 21 '07

I agree with Nakis...we all have the ability to some extent...it's whether we choose to tune into and believe...
I don't call myself psychic by any stretch of the imagination but I've had experiences including premonitions and speaking in my dreams to those who have crossed over. I will also at times hear their voices, smell their particular scents, and see them while I am awake. I, too, have experienced sleep paralysis which was preeettyyy scary the first time, it's interesting to see it considered a paranormal phenomenon! During these episodes I can usually see (sense) my father and grandmother who are both passed.
Anyway...I haven't really considered training this "gift", I just take what comes my way...

Lizzie

ghostwatch

0 +0

Aug 21 '07

Well thank you, I take that as a compliment Nakis. Do you ever feel like you just woke up "psychically"? (hope it's a word). I do and feel there's so much more in store for me somehow. Like there's unfinsihed business or something. =P

Next Page >>