Forums · Butch and Sundance

Ghostdancer

0 +0

Aug 18 '04

I was watching this on the Discovery Channel. One of the issues surrounding the fate of Butch Cassidy is the true identity of two Americans that were killed in the shootout in Bolivia; it does seem certain that there was such an occurance, but the bodies of the two were never positively identified and in the grave where he was thought to be buried was actually that of a German engineer when it was disinterred for investigation.

There was one William T. Phillips who claimed to be Butch Cassidy though it seems that he has pretty much been proven to be an imposter; however, it does not rule out the possibility that Butch did return in the opinion of some researchers and there is the claim by Butch Cassidy's family the he did indeed return, particularly his younger sister who died in fairly recent years and his decendants of today.

But there's not a lot of talk about what became of Sundance; perhaps he was actually killed and Butch got away?
Rating: 0

Carrie

0 +0

Aug 19 '04

I've seen the program also and was intrigued by it. It is an interesting documentary if anyone gets the chance to see it. I love the Discovery Channel!

GateKeeper

0 +0

Aug 7 '08

yea this has been mindboggling people for years

NMLadyNative

0 +0

Feb 13 '09

I will have to see if I can make contact with them in Spirit, as it is Spirit what gives me the answers I seek from the past.