Forums · One Simple Question...

I am just curious that is to why I just have one simple question....

Do you believe in the Bermuda Triangle?
Rating: 0

lyn!slacknet

0 +0

Jun 18 '04

I have to be honest and say I believe something makes things disappear around that area, too many things have gone and never returned and its a bit hard to lose the odd cruiseliner or plane. I'm curious as to what happens to the people have they died straight away or do they carry on living adjusting to a new way of life? or is it a different world all together that they have slipped into which is why they dont return? or is it that life is so good there they dont want to return because then everyone would want to be there?

But yes I do believe why?

lynne

Jeannie

0 +0

Jun 22 '04

I was on a cruise in 1974 and we sailed through the Bermuda Triangle one evening. The whole ship talked about nothing else that afternoon and of course the story was this very ship stalled in the triangle just the week before.

Well that night it was very dark and foggy. The lights from the ship bounced off the fog and made it very difficult to see out over the water. Not to mention the sounds were all muffled. Being a believer I went out on deck, but for for some reason I was the only person out there. [Nutty] I will say, between the fog, poor visibliity and being alone, I was very creeped out and called it quits after an hour. My friends all commented on how relatively subdued the ship was that night.

I did not see anything, but boy was I ready [Nerd]

cindy!spiritkeep

0 +0

Jun 22 '04

Yup, I do believe in it only because I've seen a lot of things happen in our world that defies explanation.....

besides where do you think all our socks go? [Laughing]

fairiesnpixies

0 +0

Jun 24 '04

I'm with Cindy on this one. Where do all of our socks go? [Laughing]

But yes, I do believe in it. I'm not exactly sure why. All I can say is until people discover where all the missing cruiseliners & planes go to then I'm going to stick with thinking something mysterious does go on in the Bermuda Triangle.

*~Heather~*

nakis

0 +0

Jul 14 '04

I do and I don't. I don't in the respect that it was proven that the dissappearances do not happen any more frequently in the 'triangle' than any other similar place in the world. People, planes, boats dissappear all over the world.

But I do believe that mysterious and so far unexplained things happen there. As well as around the world. As previously stated with the Missing Sock conundrum. (dum, dum dum, dahhhh).

greenfaerie

0 +0

Jul 27 '04

I believe there is something there. I could'nt begin to imagine what though???? Too much has happened in that one area to deny that there is something strange to say the least going on.

Candi

0 +0

Jul 31 '04

I definitely think there is something different about that place... not sure what it is but it is definitely very interesting.

-

What about you §trawberrie§hortkake21?? What do you believe??? [Rainbow Smiley]

spiritgirl703

0 +0

Oct 9 '04

I belive in it. i think it has something ot do with atlantis.

Moonlight

0 +0

Oct 22 '06

Hmmm, the Bermuda triangle... interesting area of discussion! I think that there is a distinct possibility that unusual things do happen there, as I've recently been reading about other watery locations (in Canada to be precise) that have areas where compasses malfunction, undertow waves that seem calm on the surface, but can swiftly rise up and sink a ship, and even rocks that defeated shore mounted foghorns by absorbing the sound from them...

In the technologically minded 21st century, it's easy to forget that technology doesn't stand a chance against the power of nature, and we know lot less about the seas and oceans than science would have you believe. If Bermuda has an area that has more of these "freak conditions" occuring, then it's easy to see how a legend would arise.

The greatest mystery is though, why men who holiday there, think that wearing bermuda shorts, is a good idea... now THERE'S something that should vanish with where all the socks go... [Big Grin]

[ October 21, 2006, 11:38 PM: Message edited by: Moonlight ]