Forums · unsolved murder

Sweden

0 +0

Feb 18 '04

Anyone from North Carolina out there? In Jan. of 1981, there was a murder of a young 26, yr. old mother. She was shot to death in her bedroom while her two kids were locked in their bedroom next to hers. Her husband was a Customs Agent, he was charged with the murder. He had two trials, but got away with it . I hate to say this but both he and his mother had friends in high places. The husband had been a guard to the president at one time. The murder scene was set to look as a suicide, but was found not to be. The young mother was shot with her husbands service revolver. There was also a bullet hole under her window sill in the bedroom. The murder is still unsolved. If anyone has come accross info re:this murder. please reply no matter how small a tidbit. It might help, you never know. Happened in Wilmington, NC.
Rating: 0

KellKell

0 +0

Feb 20 '04

How terrible. =( What is her name? And where in NC did this take place?

Sweden

0 +0

Feb 20 '04

The young woman that was murdered was 26 yr. old Brenda Kay Amerson Johnston. It happened in Wilmington NC. She had two small children who were in the home at the time of the murder. She had been married 2 yrs. to this husband, her two children were from a previous marriage. Brenda lived a mile from me ,her son went to school with my children he was 6 yrs. old. This happened Jan. 18, 1981. The family needs closure.

leighannfl

0 +0

Sep 21 '11

Who are you??

Malachi310

0 +0

Sep 24 '11

unsolved murder - january 18, 1981 - wilmington, nc

contact me, i would like to discuss this with you.

Oksana

0 +0

Jan 10 '12

was this ever covered on the news/unsolved mysteries/anything else?

leighannfl

0 +0

Feb 7 '12

Not sure. Why do you ask?

Oksana

0 +0

Feb 7 '12

@leighannfl, because maybe more people could learn about it.