Forums · If you could would you come to this?

NMLadyNative

0 +0

May 27 '08

I am wanting to put on an Event for my Sales Businesses at my home, but am having trouble deciding on whether or not to hold it, as I am not sure that it will be offensive to anyone or not, even though I know it would be safer.
I would like to hold a Bake Sale and Barbecue, featuring my Sales Businesses as what helped make that happen.
Would you, if you had a choice to, go to an event like this, if you knew there would be a Bake Sale and Barbecue, even the chance to pick up free Catalogs and possibly buy some Neat Stuff?
I know times are tough right now Economically and moves like this can be risky. That is why I am asking.
Rating: 0

misspiggy40

0 +0

May 29 '08

I would come, it sounds like alot of
fun. Why would people be offended?

nakis

0 +0

May 29 '08

I agree with misspiggy. I don't see how a bake sale and BBQ would be offensive.
Businesses have been combining the two types of things for many years. Holding shindigs to give back to customers and/or communities while displaying their products for sale.

What do think would be offensive?

NMLadyNative

0 +0

May 29 '08

Well, I just wasn't sure if something like that would go over well, because of this being a small, rural town, where Rumors circulate easily, Reputations get Ruined and people get jilted easily, I was not sure if my Neighbors and others in the community would be offended at being asked to buy specific items.
I don't want it to seem so much of a Sale thing, as a Party, but do want to slip in featuring my Sales Businesses.
Plus, I have tried before to pull off something like this, no one showed up, even though I did eventually make back the money I lost, trying to put it on.

zzzowl

0 +0

May 29 '08

NMLN, I think you should go for it! If you have a good idea, and a good buisness plan....well, don't limit or edit yourself....And pursue your passion. Passing on a chance to achieve what gives us meaning, could mean passing on our Purpose in This Life.
I had a small coffee shop about 13 yrs. ago in a small rural/suburban town. I worked 7 days a week...up @ 5am, open @ 7am, home @ 8pm. I was fortunate enough to operate in the black until, unfortunately, I had health problems, and knew it was necessary to liquidate, and take care of myself. However, I never reflect and feel regret or despair. Rather, I feel like the recipient of perfect gift...a perfect stepping-stone, that led me to the perfect place,....."now". zzzowl

NMLadyNative

0 +0

May 31 '08

Well, I have devised a plan to try to do outside events, even to the point of "possibly" setting up a Roadside Stand outside my home.
I found a way to do this within my own financial means.
I am hoping for the best on this and will see what time, money and abilities do.
I cannot, at this point, say that this will happen, as money dictates every move that I make right now.

zzzowl

0 +0

May 31 '08

I wish you the best of luck and success in your business venture NMLN. Blessing always, zzzowl

ghostwatch

0 +0

May 31 '08

I agree...go for it!! Can't hurt to try...