Forums · out of body experiences

zzzowl

0 +0

Apr 27 '08

Years back, I experienced, what I considered at the time, several strange events that both terrified me....It Down Right Exhilarated Me! Going to bed was a thrill and a challenge mentally for several months. At first, I experienced leaving my body and elevating upward to the bedroom ceiling (still in the position I was laying in). Consciously I knew I wasn't sleeping, and once this realization dominated my awareness, an OVERWHELMING fear consumed me and I dropped back into my body with sudden abruptness. Each time it would started, I struggled to control my fear, til I found myself at the top of the trees that grew tall about the house. It was....still is, vividly engrained in my psyche... When it stopped happening I was relieved, yet disappointed. I think my overwhelming fear prevented further allowance of these unexplainable, and crazy happenings. I've never told a living soul about these events. Just another bizarre occurance in zzzowl's life. I wouldn't have believed such nonsense if this had not been my own...fleeting but powerful life event. [Nutty]
Rating: 0

Carrie

0 +0

May 14 '08

I don't know that I've actually ever experienced an OBE, but I've known numerous people who have, including my husband. It has to be an amazing experience!

Kevin P

0 +0

May 14 '08

I've never had an OBE that I can confirm, though I've had lucid flying dreams which could be OBEs or variations thereof. It can be hard to prove sometimes.

What I wonder, is those who have had them, do your surroundings look "accurate", like they appear when you're awake, or do they take on dream-like variations (e.g. things out of place, you're in a place different than where you are in real life, etc?)

zzzowl

0 +0

May 15 '08

my experiences with EOB were quite vivid and accurate in relation to my immediate surroundings. I was not sleeping...dreaming...imagining...everything was was exactly oriented exactly to my immediate time and space and place.

Kevin P

0 +0

May 15 '08

Interesting. I guess I haven't had any then, at least not while awake. Unless I routinely astrally travel to wackyland! [Laughing]

I bet it would be a great experience.

zzzowl

0 +0

May 15 '08

Truthfully, I was frightened the first time I experienced this phenomenon. I told no one. In fact, I have just started to share some of my experinces for the first time on this site. People don't understand such intangilble material. Thank you all for responding...it's a comfort.

ghostwatch

0 +0

May 15 '08

zzzowl, I remember being in the most beautiful green field. The color was unbelievably beautiful and it was bright, no sun, but beautiful none the less. I remember standing and had the urge to just "jump". Mind you, I'm very afraid of heights; well, I jumped and took off! I was kind of scared but that soon changed to exhileration was I soared over this lush field and trees. I flew just like a bird and it felt wonderful. To this day, I remember that experience and cherish it because I know it was real. It hasn't happened since then, but the sensation is still with me.

zzzowl

0 +0

May 16 '08

Ghostwatch, anyone who has experienced such a gracious gift as yours is blessed! It's awesome, personal and so exillerating!

nakis

0 +0

May 17 '08

That is soooooooo aaaaaaawwesome ghostwatch.
Don't those times feel just like real life?!?! You know it's not happening in this world but you have all the sensations as if you were. Like zzzowl said, your blessed =) .

ghostwatch

0 +0

May 17 '08

Thank you Nakis and zzzowl, I just wish I could experience it again...if it makes any sense, I miss it...I'm so blessed in having friends such as yourselves to share this with...anyone else would just say that I'm dreaming and end it there. Bless both of you..

zzzowl

0 +0

May 19 '08

I've flown too, Ghostwatch!!!!! Just Like a Bird!!! My experiences took me over large bodies of water...the beauty...the freedom..the peacefulness...no drug on earth enriched my experience of oneness with two worlds as did my flying experiences!!! Thank you for bringing these few, and rare experiences back to my conscious awareness!!!!

[ May 19, 2008, 06:09 PM: Message edited by: Carrie ]

NMLadyNative

0 +0

May 20 '08

My OBE, was at age 14, I just walked out of and away from my Body.
I went through a Mirror, to an Alternate World, it was the Old West, a place I was readily familiar with, I was met there by my Family.
I believe I passed away that night, but was told that I had to return back to my body, that I was not yet done here, that there was more work to be done yet, that I was not yet ready to make the Transition.
So, I came back and have been back ever since.

zzzowl

0 +0

May 20 '08

NMLadyNative, I have heard of such experiences throughout my life. It is clear to me that you have so much to offer to this present time and place. You are chosen. zzzowl

ghostwatch

0 +0

May 20 '08

You are so welcome zzzowl! There's no experience in this life that can compare to what one feels while your soul soars...it's just incredible!