Forums · massachusetts 54th

seaghost

0 +0

Jan 24 '08

The property I own has a bit of history that I began to unravel after a storage facility was being built nearby.

The storage facility is an irritation as was the home depot and mega walmart that were put in- we are all getting a little sick of "progress" tearing out our woods and destroying habitat.

One of the girls at the gas station told me that the corner where the storage building was going up was an indian burial ground and everyone around here always knew this.

AH HA! Thought maybe I had them, got on the phone to a friend who knows the head of the Creek nation. NOPE. never was a burial ground. So , couldnt stop the construcion.

Now - for the last 6 years I have owned this land and feel I am being watched- not in a bad way. I see shadows crossing my great room. my dog goes bonkers from time to time..........nothing really scarey but intertesting. Thought I had the answer with the burial ground- but this is really cool..

There was a BIG civil war battle a ways off and after it the 2nd Florida Cavalry was chasing the yankees all the way to Jacksonville and the coast. Along the way the Massachusetts 54th infantry was routed and cut down in a goodly number. The yankees would not bury them because they were the famous negro unit as depicted in the film "Glory".They rotted where they lay. I think I have my answer to "who" and "why".

The folks at the liquor store nearby have trouble with voices, poundings etc.
Their store is right along the route as well.Other neighbors had had huge poundins in their homes as have I.

Anyway- all is quiet at the moment. I could feel the hair rise on my neck and a chill one very hot evening. My dog girl went crazy and I went into the yard and had a talk.....told them they could come around but not to upset Maisy Sue. I also let them know what year it was and that they had died in that rout. It has been peaceful as their chapter in our great war came the an end.

I found that making the research connections was really a cool thing- and how many folks started talking about it because I was willing to start it.

Gosh- Florida is so very haunted!!!

Have a niec day..SEAGHOST
Rating: 0

nakis

0 +0

Jan 31 '08

Good stuff. Nice story Seaghost.
Rating: 0