Forums · Photos from Jonesborough, Tn. ghost walk!

KrisT

0 +0

Dec 12 '07

Hey all! My sister & niece from Virginia & a friend of mine from Pennsylvania came down for Thanksgiving, & the following Saturday we went to Jonesborough, Tn. (Tennessees oldest town) & took their AWESOME ghost walk! I HIGHLY recommend their walks, they have several different locations & more to come..."Appalachian Ghost Walks" for anyone interested...anyway, I got some pretty weird pictures while on the walk that I'd like your alls opinion on...now keep in mind the house in the photos does have people living in it, & when I took the pictures the tour guides back was facing the house, so I had a birds eye view of the house, & since I was snapping pictures I made a point of looking at the windows making sure noone looked out (wondering what we were doing...) & I never saw anyone looking out...as a matter of fact, there were no lights on, as if noone was home, but anyway, I'm gonna put the pictures up here & see what you all think...first will be the original picture, then the cropped version with the whatever/whoever it is looking out the window...there are actually 2 different pictures & whatever/whoever it is looks different in the second one..so, please give me your 2 cents! =} http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g89/gizzyluv/houseinJonesboroughTn.jpg[/URL]
http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g89/gizzyluv/closeupofhouseinJonesborough.jpg[/URL]
http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g89/gizzyluv/houseinJonesborough2.jpg[/URL]
http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g89/gizzyluv/Faceinwindow2Jonesborough.jpg[/URL]
Thanks in advance! Kris

[ December 13, 2007, 11:43 PM: Message edited by: KrisT ]

ghostwatch

0 +0

Dec 18 '07

I don't know Kris, but it looks to me that it could be some kind of chair that is sitting in a position where the window structure can make shadows on it. I took a magnifying glass to the pix and that's my take on it.
Rating: 0

KrisT

0 +0

Dec 18 '07

Hmmmm, well there were no lights on in the house, & if I remember correctly, the curtains were drawn...thats why I kept watching the windows to make sure noone looked out when I was taking the pictures...but, then again, it could be just what you say..? Thanks for your take on it! =}

ghostwatch

0 +0

Dec 19 '07

Yeah, I could be wrong..not perfect..especially with the paranormal. There's always questions that are pondered in how to give an answer..

Alan Again

0 +0

Jan 8 '08

Any possibility of larger photographs?

KrisT

0 +0

Jan 21 '08

Sorry, these are all I have...have you tried zooming in on them?...Don't know if that would help or not..? Thanks! Kris

misspiggy40

0 +0

Jun 11 '08

It sure does look like there is
something in the window, but it's
hard to tell.

Rowan

0 +0

Jun 24 '08

Hey Kris, without being able to see the full size photographs, it's difficult to really give an accurate assessment. The smaller photos are so dark, too, that it's hard to tell, at least for me.

Can you share some information about the house? History or anything would be good.

Thanks!

KrisT

0 +0

Jun 24 '08

Yeah, I know they are hard to see...I took them at night while on a "ghost walk", & my camera isn't the best, especially if the lighting isn't good. All I know about the house is that it is known to be haunted (most of the buildings/houses in Jonesborough are known to have some kind of activity, as it is the oldest town in Tennessee...if you've never been there you should try to go, it is SO cool!) The house is occupied, however it didn't look as if anyone was home when I took the pictures & I did make it a point to watch the windows closely since I was taking pictures & I didn't see anyone anywhere, so..? There may be a logical explanation for whatever it is in the window, but I sure didn't see whatever it was at the time I took the pictures...

lizziegirl

0 +0

Aug 7 '08

You know, I have a magnifier on my mouse so I zoomed in on the photo. As far as I'm concerned, there is a face in the window. If you can zoom in to just right of the bright light in the upper left hand side of the window, you can make out some facial features and boy, they don't look happy either! Gave me the heebie jeebies!
Nice pics!

KrisT

0 +0

Aug 7 '08

Yeah, I've zoomed on the pics too, & it definitely looks like a face to me! (a face that wasn't there when I took the pictures...lol) That light in the upper left side is a reflection of the street light, but when I took the picture(s) we (me & the others on the ghost walk) were all across the street from the house, so it couldn't have been a reflection of one of us & it was so late at night that there wasn't any other people out on the street, maybe one or two but noone was near that house when I took the pic. I've tried but can't come up w/ an explanation as to what it is..?