Forums · Stonehenge Houses

KellKell

0 +0

Nov 1 '06

This is an interesting find; maybe it will lead to more info about all the questions regarding Stonehenge. =)

Ancient Stonehenge Houses Unearthed[/URL]

Pandora2

0 +0

Nov 1 '06

How interesting! I would love to see Stonehenge in person someday. I never made it there the times I was in Great Britain. I certainly had opportunity if it weren't for the person I was there with. Who knows, maybe someday I will be there. [Wink]
Rating: 0

nakis

0 +0

Nov 2 '06

I've read that, unfortunately, you can't even get next to it any longer. They have a visitor's center and the whole area around the stones is fenced off. Only through special permission are you allowed to get neer the stones now.

In a way I'm glad because it will save the place for posterity but now you can't come in contact with the place. I too wanted to wander amoung the stones and see what I could pick up about the place.

They've also discovered a collonade of wooden posts that made a road or path of sorts up to the ring. When they were digging the parking lot for the visitors center they found the remains of large wooden poles (just the bottoms). They used the lay of the ones they found in order to find the others and discovered at some time (I can't remember the time they placed to it) there was two rows of these large wooden poles. So much history to that place. So much mystery.

[ November 02, 2006, 09:47 AM: Message edited by: nakis ]

Very interesting site Kell...thanks for posting it. I agree with Pandora I too would love to catch even a quick glimpse of them in person one day. In my opinion they are one of the most fascinating things on Earth!

Starlight

0 +0

Nov 19 '06

I agree with you, Nakis, that it is both good and bad that they have restricted access to the place.

I have talked to some people that have been to Stonehenge over the years and have heard two very different things.

Some say that the energy of the place is awesome and they have stories to tell about their experience. I wonder how much of that is because they convinced themselves that they would feel something wonderous while they were there? (Not being cynical... really wondering).

Others say that well.. it's a group of really old rocks.. not all that. Nice but that's about it. I wonder if maybe those people were there on days when the energy of the place might have been low for some reason. If peoples energies ebb and flow, why not places? (see, there goes my mind again.. *laughing*)...

Stonehenge is a place I'd like to go just to experience it for myself. =)