Forums · A New Strain of Mad Cow Disease!

Table Tipper

0 +0

Apr 3 '06

Last Wed. 4/5/06 I was headed over to Marathon, Ia. to talk to a family about their Haunted House. On the way I listened to my stereo in my minivan, hoping to find a station that had some upbeat tunes playing on it.
It was becoming increasingly difficult to find a radio station that wouldn't cut out on me, or fade in & out due to the weather and rolling hills. But finally I found a station that was coming in clear. To my dismay it was time for the news report.
The DJ who was reporting on the Radio Station droned on about the Farm Markets, and the futures in corn and soybeans. Then the DJ started to report the damndest thing I had ever heard. They said there was a new strain of Mad Cow disease that was causing Mother Cows to eat their new born Calves.
As is Mother Nature's way for a Mother Cow and her Calf to bond in the early minutes of the Calf's life, the Cow will lick and consume the muck off the Calf, and go so far as to consume the afterbirth membrane too. This membrane actually gives the Mother Cow a lot of needed nutrition after having giving birth to the Calf.
But this new disease causes the Cows to start eating their Calves too!
Luckily Vetinarians have found this strain of disease only occurs in Mother Cows who have multiple briths ie: twins, and triplets.
The Cow's seemingly don't stop at eating the after birth, and they continue to eat until all seven of their stomachs are full.
The Vet's say these Cows are deficient in critical Amieno Acids which causes the Cow's to become canabalistic in their behavior. But once the nutients from the Calve's bodies have started to equalize the Cow's nutritional deficiencies, the Canablaistic tendencies seem to wain.
So if you are a Farmer, with Mother Cows who are having multiple births, and you notice your Cows are consuming their young, just leave the Cow alone. They usually don't eat more than one Calf.
There was one report where a Farmer tried to intervien to save the Calf, only to have the Cow turn on him, and start to devour the Farmer!
Once the Cow was captured in a pen to quarentine the animal, it was heard to be mooing in the direction of other nearby Cows. An Animal Behaviorist who was at the farm, testified in Court that the Cow was saying Human's taste like Chicken!
Go figure!
TT
Rating: 0

cat!spiritkeep

0 +0

Apr 7 '06

See I knew it, that goes and proves my theory that no matter what you eat it always ends up tasting like chicken. And to think ppl thought I was crazy for saying that. Just because chicken is the only meat I eat (except the occassional pork rib or slice of bacon), they said I have chickenitis, I could eat jello and it would taste like chicken. Just wait till I tell them this, they'll be eating their words. Hmmm wonder if it will taste like chicken. [Nutty]

[Laughing] Well now that is what I call a rather creative hoax or Tall Tale. I have to wonder how long this story will be around and it what ways it will change as folks share the tale with family, friends and neighbours? Will it become an urban legend, lore, a tale told 50++ yrs from now. Parts of it are rather gross and disturbing, to envision a mother cow devouring her young is enough to give ya nightmares. [Eek!] But you see that is what gives these types of tales legs, if the meat of the story is juicy enough ppl gooble it up, they can't wait to tell another, and so looove to add in a little salt and pepper to the climax.

Ahhh I needed that TT, thank-you. [Big Grin]

Oh btw, do tell - what ever happened at the haunted house? Do you believe it is haunted, did you experience anything, or was that part of the story too. [Wink]

[ April 07, 2006, 05:16 PM: Message edited by: Cat ]

Table Tipper

0 +0

Apr 10 '06

The Haunted house is the only one truth to the whole story.
We will be staying overnight in the Haunted Marathn House on Saturday April 22nd. I'll be sure to post a story about the overnight stay!
The lady of the house said if we lasted in the house all night, they would fix us breakfast in the morning. We'll have to wait and see if that comes true.
TT

cat!spiritkeep

0 +0

Apr 11 '06

Ooooo that sounds like an interesting place TT. Hmmm seeing she's betting breaky on the deal they must have experienced some very strange things in that house. I have to wonder if others have not managed to stay the entire night given her challenge like that. [Shock] Can't wait to hear all about it, and hopefully see some interesting captures as well. =) Good luck, enjoy and be safe.

[ April 10, 2006, 11:18 PM: Message edited by: Cat ]

Table Tipper

0 +0

Apr 12 '06

It's doubtful that anyone has received her challenge before. They aren't that open of a family to talk to just anyone about this stuff.
I only get my foot in the door, because my Massage Therapist is the sister to the man who owns the house.
Besides we have to keep in mind that the man, and his wife and kids lived in the house for 5 yrs 24/7. They didn't get spooked enough to leave the house, while they experienced the hauntings.
But then again they probably lived with the experience in silence. Some of the stories they told about the haunting was first revealed to their teenaged son, at the same time they told me the stories.
The son said, "Geez thanks Dad!" "Why didn't you tell me a Ghost Boy sat right outside my bedroom door?"
Well that's probably why. Knowing that a Ghost Boy was sitting outside the kid's bed room door, would generally freak any one out.
TT
PS: More of the whole story to come after the 22nd.