Forums · Haunted Abandon Summer Camp

AZDeb

0 +0

Mar 15 '06

Hi peeps. Would like to get some opinions about some pictures my family took at a abandon summer camp in AZ. We also have an EVP but not sure how to put it on spiritkeep. For about two years know my family and I had heard about this camp way back in the woods about a half hour away from where we live, and that it is haunted. My older children's frinds have told us about how a girl hung herself from a loft in the mess hall and a cabin that burned down with children in it around 40 or 50 years ago. My children was told by there friends that when they went to check it out, that strange things happened to them there. And how one guy was going to stay the night and to check it out, but that did not last long, he left in a hurry because something he saw. And on Feb 19th my children went to go check it out and came back frantic. They told me that they heard bangings and you can fell many presence around you. As they was walking around the mess hall, they saw what look like a glowing rod like object go between them and threw one of the kids hair and head for the wall but disappear before getting there. They said there was wild life before getting there, but no wild life at all at the camp, and there was a oder that you cant forget. They said what ever it was you can tell it did not want you there. My children begged there father to go with them to check it out, so to make the kids fell better, on Feb 26th he went with them and took a fully carged camcorder, three camras, and a tape recorder. As they got there and out of there car, the camcorder went dead. They went to the mess hall and walked around with tape recorder on and started asking questions. Then they thought they would leave the tape recorder on in the mess hall and go out and take pictures out side around the camp. After a while they came back and started to ask more questions and take pictures. My husband said it sounded like rocks been thrown in the mess hall but there was no rocks. Then he said he thought he saw something move in a corner but nothing was there. So they thought they should leave because they said you can feel that it did not want you there. When they got home the first thing we did was listen to the tape recorder and OMG. Things was fine on the tape until they came back to the mess hall and my husband was the first to go in and he said where back, then you here this voice a few seconds later saying GET OUT. You can tell that it was not of the living and that its a load whispery GET OUT. We all gasped and freaked out Then we went to get the pictures developed and OMG again. In some of the Pictures you see what looks like lots of orbs, and you can see in another picture two apparitions. One looks like a girl in blue by a tree but you can see threw her legs, but if you in large picture it looks like a colorful mist. And in front on the girl close to the camra is a log with a white mist, in large the picture and you can see a face. In another picture you can see what looks like a glowing rod like object in front of the right window of the next room and if you in large the picture you see what looks like a mans face on the right side of the rod like object. The other picture with my husband in it, if you in large the picture and look up in left hand corner you can see a blue mist and possibly two in front of the wood in the window. The glow on the back of my husbands head is reflectors on his hat. On the Picture With what looks like lots of orbs out side, if you look by the tree it looks like a man wearing wester clothes. I got ahold of a paranormal investigator and forward the pictures and EVP and they forward them to experts and they said they are impressed and they are coming to meet with us on March 25th to interview everyone that was involved and then after, they are going out there and investigate over night. I wanted to share this with everyone, and hopefully get opinions. Im sorry, I tried to put the pictures in like it said in the ubb code, but could not figure it out. Maybe someone could tell me an easier way of doing it.
Maybe I can email them. [Confused]
Rating: 0

AZDeb

0 +0

Mar 16 '06

Hi Renee. Thank you for you help, I hope I got it right

-
Orbs:
 -
Strange glow in right window:
 -
Orbs at K.K.[/URL]
Girl in Blue at K.K.[/URL]
Blue Mist at K.K.[/URL]

[ March 16, 2006, 08:32 AM: Message edited by: Renee ]

cat!spiritkeep

0 +0

Mar 16 '06

Hi Deb,

Sounds like the camp is an interesting place to visit. Do you know how long it has been abandoned or anymore about the history of the place and/or land? How sad about the girl, did your children's friends find this information while doing research on the place?

I'll be interested to hear how the investigation goes. If you don't mind my asking which group will be doing the investigation? When you noted they sent your pics/evp to experts does that mean they sent them to a photo/audio lab?

Interesting photos, a few to discuss and I have some questions so sorry for the length of the post. Are these the original photos, or did you crop, zoom in and/or make any adjustments to them? What type of camera was used, it looks like they may have been scanned and have the graininess of a 35mm? To be honest it's really hard to tell as they are grainy, and become more pixelated when you zoom in or resize them. I'm guessing it was pretty dusty in there so even stepping into the room will stir it up, this can create dust orbs which is what these look like to me. The larger one in the first pic looks further back than the others however, was a flash used? I'm thinking the streak of light in the window is from the sunlight coming in which you can see on the floor, it lines up actually. JMO Sorry I don't see the girl in the photo, nor do I see a mist in the one with your husband. [Sigh] The photo you noted the girl in has blur which makes it hard to tell what is created by the blur and what may be anomalous. Can you point out where you see her please?

The other outdoor shot is intriquing. It does looks like a figure and I see some other faces as well. Now I do feel most are just matrixing, however there are a cpl that have me curious (one looks to be in an orb itself). The large orb higher up infront of the tall tree behind the figure, and a smaller one near the ground seem different than the others. IMO Was a flash used with this shot? Do you have another shot taken at the same time from the same position, either before or after this one? It is always a good idea to take at least two shots from the exaxt same position/distance etc, that way if something anomalous shows you have another shot to compare it with. It is also important to consider and rule out all plausible causes first, so here is some food for thought. Does the figure appear on the negative (provided this is a 35mm)? If this was developed I would take it and the negative back to where you had it done, they will be able to tell you if there was an error in developing that caused this or if there are scratches on the negative, which can create anomalies as well. Even dust on a negative at time of developing can create things. The ground area almost looks like dirt being stirred up, and actually the figure seems to have the same color, was there wind that may have stirred dirt/dust a wee bit, is it possible some dust got on the camera lens which could have created this? I ask because there are a number of dust orbs in the photo. IMO A cpl actually look a bit like moisture orbs, was there any moisture or a very slight mist or fog in the air, if there was it may have atrributed to this in some way? Another thought is prehaps sunlight coming through the trees created what looks like a figure? Again just trying to rule out different things out. [Wink]

By what you described it certainly sounds like there is something going on there. Would love to hear the evp captured, by what was said whoever it was didn't like others being there. [Shock]

Curious to hear what some other peeps think. Thanks for sharing these with us, and please keep us updated if you go back, and of the results from the investigation. Good luck Cat =)

AZDeb

0 +0

Mar 19 '06

Hi cat

No I'm not sure how long its been abandon, It was maybe 40 or 50 years ago. Not sure how the the story started, my kids found out from there friends and frinds of there friends and so on. I have searched the internet but found nothing just only history about the lands out there. I guess there was once and Indian battle field out there and that there is and old stage coach house whats left of it, and lots of abandon old mines. We found the name under the chairs that said LDS Kamp Kenyon thinking LDS is Latter-Day Saints. We searched for that also but again nothing. The ivestigators thats is coming to investigate is
AZHauntedOne, and we also talked to API and they forward a map asking if it was on the map they sent and I said yes, so I think they are going to investigate also. Im not sure what experts they sent the Pictures and EVP to, but cant wait to find out on them. I did forward the EVP to Kill and she was impressed, and said she will post it.
The picture's are originals and have not been crop, zoomed, or any adjustments done to them. Sorry that the picture's are not that clear on here, I had to scan them on to the PC for I did not know how to put them in any other way. The camera was a 35 mm. We did use flash in side but not outside. You have mentioned dust and wind, being the place is old and abandon i guess there would be but what is strange is that the air was stale, no wind no breeze both times we was there and stale only there, and no wild life only there. you can tell the orbs dont look like they are on the lens and that some are set back from others, and if you look some have colors, some have rings with in rings, and some are brighter than otheres, and the shapes of them. For the picture with orbs out side I also see lots of faces in the orbs but some not in the orbs. I have been looking at that picture again and see more things every time I look at it. The figure you see by the tree, if you look on the other side of the tree you can also see a baby. The orb above the figure back on the other side of the tree that had your attention looks like an old man and my husband noticed if you look real good you can almost see his body. The rod like object you see in the other picture is the same thing that went between the kids and disappear before getting to the wall, if you look real good at that picture, on the far right of the window is the tape recorder we use to capture the voice if you look between the tape recorder and the rod like object, you can see somthing white, if you in large the picture you can see a man. The other picture the girl in the picture, is by the tree at far right almost mid-ways up from bottom.
I understand that its hard to see her especilly since the pictures was scanned, but my picture here at home you can really see her. She looks like she is wearing a blue what looks like jogging outfit with white T shirt but you can see threw her legs. And the blue mist in the picture with my husband is at the top at far right just above the light. Sorry that it's hard to see scanned picture's, but I did not know another way to put them in. Thanks for the advise cat on the negatives and I will do that. If kill is not able to get the EVP on post, I can email it for you to hear. I tryed to listen to the other EVPs on SpiritKeep but could not get them to play, so if any one else is haveing that same problem I could email it. NOTE: The EVP does have three more faint get out's and what sounds like a heart beat getting louder and louder then slowly backing off, but I could only fit a curtain length on the real.

Deb

cat!spiritkeep

0 +0

Mar 20 '06

Hi Deb,

Thanks for answering my questions. =) Looking forward to hearing your evp. I'm guessing when you say Kill will put it on that you mean Kell? lol If your able to email it there's a good chance she'll be able to get it on for you. =)

No need to apologize, 35mm pics can often have a grainy look to them, and you can lose more quality when you scan them depending on your scanner and the resolution they were scanned at etc. The type of camera and/or settings used, strength of flash, and even film type can also make a difference on the amount of graininess (pic noise) that is seen. I know I've had pics (regular shots) that I've scanned in past and little details seen in the actual photo were hard to see or even lost after scanning and re-saving etc. It's also possible for a tiny smudge or speck on the scanner bed to show on a photo at times as well.

With no wind at all (stale air) it eliminates dust blowing around which may have caused the image seen in the outdoor pic (one with orbs in it). Interesting that a flash wasn't used outside, eliminates flash reflecting off airborne particles. Btw dust doesn't have to be right on the lens for it to show in photos as orbs, it just needs to be close to it. It's still possible a cpl of the outdoor orbs were caused by dust on the lens. It's near impossible to have no dust on the lens when your in a dusty or outdoor environment, you may not see it but a cpl of specks could be there that the camera picks up depending on how other light sources reflect in the lens elements. However in taking another close look at this pic, the orbs that caught my interest the first time do even more so this time knowing a flash wasn't used. This is a really neat shot, creepy though as there seems to be a few things going on it. I know some of the faces are just matrixing as when you zoom in you can tell it's the light and shadows showing between the branches etc that is creating them, and when you do a slight adjustment to contrast etc they fade or disappear. However there are certain ones that don't, they become more defined with adjustments, and when you zoom in you can tell it's not just a branch or light etc. There is one area of the photo (in behind the lg form/apparition) that I found most interesting, I get an odd feeling everytime I look at it. A large skull like face and a half-face beneath look well nasty. On the shoulder of the form (just behind it actually) it looks like a childs face, the coloring is different than the area around it so I don't think it's just matrixing, I cld be wrong. The large orb behind the form looks to have an old looking face in it. There are a cpl others near it but these stand out most to me. I've made some crops of the areas of interest, re-sized them and made slight adjustments to one of the versions which bring out the faces a bit more. I'll save them to photobucket and share them with you tomorrow. Now it's just my opinion and others may differ, but to me certain orbs in this photo are not just dust, and the figure is quite amazing really, as are certain faces seen. I've looked at this photo every way I can, and have tried to consider various plausible causes for what is seen. Some may be explained (as noted above) but I can't explain it all. Perhaps someone else has a reasonable explanation for it, but if not I feel you've captured something paranormal here.

I do still feel most of the orbs in the indoor shots were created by the flash reflecting off of dust though. I agree a cpl do appear to be further back, and they look somewhat different than the others so it's possible they may be more than just dust...I also consider what was felt while these were taken and the evp that was captured at the time, as that adds to the possibility these may be something. Orbs are captured way more often with digital cameras than they are with film cameras. Actually I've read (elsewhere) some say show me one on film than maybe I'll agree it's more than just dust. lol Not that you can't get explainable orbs with film, but some feel orbs caught on film are more interesting simply because it's not as common. =)

I haven't taken a closer look at the other pics to see if I can note what you have explained, but I will do that when I get a chance tomorrow (later today rather seeing it's 4:30am already).

Cat =)

GhostGuy001

0 +0

Mar 20 '06

Wow, those are very interesting and spooky pictures. I see what look like orbs. Now, i dont really know how to distinguis orbs, if they are real or not but i see a bunch more faint looking orbs in the pictures, could it be the light making one spot stand out. Who knows? Lol! Anyway, but besides trying to play Devils Advicate i think those are pretty interesting pictures and those lights do ring strange. I believe it could be a spirit. I dont see anything in the last picture. Okay, i think the first second one could very much be a real orb.

AZDeb

0 +0

Mar 21 '06

Thanks GhostGuy for the reply. There is six pictures all together, three on this post, and under the picture's is three links to the other three. I could not fit them all on here.
I understand how it could be hard to tell from a real orb or not, but when the EVP gets posted I think it would explain its self. If you zoom in on the picture's you will see more. I do think there is many spirits and maybe a bad one also.
The answer to your question is: Its hard to tell, but in my opinion I dont think it was the light makeing it stand out.

AZDeb

0 +0

Mar 21 '06

UPDATE: I just got word from API that the EVP and Pictures that I sent to them last week came out great and they also want to meet with us on April 8th. I hope the other investigating team is going to be able to do there investigation on the 25th for we just had snow yesterday.

KellKell

0 +0

Mar 21 '06

Kamp Kenyon EVP

About this EVP, AZDeb said: The EVP does have static but you can hear my husband say "we're back", and a few seconds later a whispery voice says "GET OUT."

It's in Windows Media Player format. Hope it works... if it doesn't, Deb, I may need it in another format.
Anyhow, check it out here: Kamp Kenyon 'Get Out' EVP[/URL]

Kell

[ March 21, 2006, 09:05 PM: Message edited by: KellKell ]

damien99

0 +0

Mar 23 '06

i just took a look at your pictures and all the "orbs" in the pictures are either dust, pollen, bugs, or moisture definately not PN in nature and the girl in blue i couldnt see what you were talking about but i did notice that the picture was taken with a slower shutter speed (the blurring gave that away) and that is probably the cause for the anomoly that you are seeing. i also couldnt see the blue mist you were taling about in the last picture.

AZDeb

0 +0

Mar 23 '06

Thanks for your reply damien99. I'm sure that there was some dust,pollen,bugs,and moisture, but I think some are orbs also. I do know that there is things going on out there, and if any one that is close by in Arizona please come by and check it out for your self, I would love to here what they had to say about it.
I'm sorry the pictures did not show up clear on here but I had to scan them in for I did not know any other way and the camera is a 35 mm. Also when AZHauntedOne and API comes to investigate it I'm sure they would post the out come in there site. damien I'm not sure if you seen the EVP link that Kell posted for me, its above your post, please check it out then tell me what you think. If you have problems checking it out just let me know and I can email it to you.

Deb

damien99

0 +0

Mar 26 '06

i never heard evps that sound like that. so i put it into adobe audition and pulled out all the frequencies below 300htz and above 3000htz (the human voice can only produces frequencies between 300 and 3000htz anything above 3000htz or below 300htz can be considered PN.) and the frequency of the recording you have lies within the 300 to 3000htz range making it in the range of the human voice therefore opening up the door for skeptics to refute.

[ March 26, 2006, 08:20 AM: Message edited by: damien99 ]

AZDeb

0 +0

Apr 9 '06

Update! Arizona Paranormal Ivestigations came to meet with us today, and they listen to the whole EVP Tape and saw the pictures in person. OMG there was more things there that we did not see, but do know. They said we hit a (HOT BED). They are so excited and so are we. they fliped when they heard the heart beat on the tape and heard all the Get Outs and also found whispers of voices. The medium said that there is much more on the tape but need to hear them in different frequency's. She also saw in another picture that we did not see of a swing set full of spirit children. OMG you can really see them, and she picked out that picture right away. Also they got very excited when they saw the picture of the ghost girl in blue. They said its a full bodied apparition. They said they could not see them very good on the ones I sent on the computer but they saw her right off when they saw the picture. And there's also a figure and other orbs by the tree. And the brite orbs in the pictures are orbs, and the others looks like they could be dust. The one with the rod like object in it they got excited about. They said its intelligent and that's rare. The medium said there is another picture she was looking at that she cant see it but she knows something is there, and what's funny is I had felt that same way about that picture. They said we did excellent with what little bit of things we had. They are so excited that they wanted to investigate tonight but there equipment was not with them and there was still snow on the mountain. So they said they will be back in June to investigate, that should be when the snow is gone. They are coming with 29 team members WOW, and going to stay the night and investigate all night. This place is very active. If you check out there site in June or July, the out come should be there by then.
Also: I did record the meating with API, with there permission of course lol. =)

cat!spiritkeep

0 +0

Apr 12 '06

Hey Deb, that's great that you had a chance to meet with the API team. Sounds like their excited about doing the investigation. Good to hear they enjoyed seeing all your pics and hearing the evp. =) That's the thing with photos, viewing the originals (especially 35mm) is always better than viewing the scanned and saved verisons. Everytime you save a photo you lose a bit of clarity. It also depends on how a photo was saved, or the type of scanner used as well. With digital when saving in a "lossy" format the compression can effect the image a bit, as can the resize as the computer fills in the pixels (best guess) that were previously removed. Scanner quality/resolution can make a big difference, especially if the photos was a bit grainy to begin with. So I'm not surprised to hear some of the anomalies you noted are more easily seen in the originals vs the posted images. Congrats on your captures. I would love to see those originals, especially the outdoor shot by the fence (odd anomaly and orbs in it). The other photos you noted sound interesting, would like to see those too, if you want to post them that is. [Wink]

Wow, that is a very big group, but then by what you have described that is a very large site, so lots of ground to cover. I wonder if they plan on splitting the group in two, have one team do the first day/night, and the 2nd group do a second day/night (or split by having a day team and a night team if only doing 24hrs)? Perhaps not all members do the actual active part of the investigation, I know teams that have individuals who only examine the evidence and/or do the equipment set-up, and perhaps base-line reads. It's also not uncommon for 2 different groups to team up for an investigation, actually saw one where 3 teams got together to do a larger site, so that made for a very large group too. I'm sure they will have things well planned out and will divide ppl into smaller groups and assign designated areas. There is an advantage to having say 8 video cameras recording all night, vs only 2, and with each needing to be manned at all times you need bodies. Plus having multiple cameras and other instruments can provide for a much larger collection of photos and audio recordings. Though it will still be very critical that they know where everyone is at all times, have designated quiet times for specific evp attempts, and all movement, noises (especially those made by team members), photos, recordings, reading etc will need to be well documented to help eliminate false positives. JMO [Wink] Will be interesting to hear the approach they used, how the investigation went, and see/hear any evidence that is captured.

Mediums/psychics can be helpful (provided they have previously demonstrated abilities), though you can't solely rely on what they say, other evidence is still required to further validate. Personally I feel having a reputable psychic/medium on site can be beneficial. Not that it will guarantee you will capture something, but knowing they sense, see, or hear something in a specific area can prompt you to take additional photos/recordings etc when you otherwise may not have. If luck is with you at the time you just "might" get a glimpse of what they are seeing/feeling. Plus there is always that little possibility a spirit/ghost will be drawn to the person if they realize they sense/see them, so they just "might" make their presence further known in a way that others will notice as well. I think of it this way, if you go fishing would you rather be with someone who knows where the fish are, or cast randomly and hope you found a good spot. LOL

Looking forward to hearing more, thanks for giving us the update. Btw that was a good idea to record your meeting, it will be great to have should further evidence of what the medium said be obtained during the investigation. =)

drumjoanie

0 +0

Jul 14 '06

Damien99, what frequencys can the human ear hear? We do not usually hear them when they go on the tape, so if they are "translated" into a frequancy that we can hear on the tape, can we not invent a meter which will show us when something has spoken to our equipment in the field. So that we can see...like a needle move or something if we get a response that we can't hear? You know what...I am going to go over to Ron Miliones myspace and ask the same Q...his addy is

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=81892232[/URL]

azspirit

0 +0

Jul 15 '06

That's a very interesting question, drumjoanie. An instrument like you describe would be quite helpful.

BTW, don't forget to drop by our introductions forum and say "hello"! It's great to see you here!

Mare

damien99

0 +0

Jul 16 '06

quote:

SavannahSilkie

0 +0

Jul 18 '06

For EVPs I use Adobe Audition 1.5; but, they have come up with a newer version. A really good site for EVP study and advice is

Haunted Voices[/URL]

Hugs,
Pate

AZDeb

0 +0

Nov 27 '06

quote:

Next Page >>