Forums · The Golden Child fo' real?!?

PorkChopExpress

0 +0

Mar 12 '06

Yup. That's the one. I swear that is straight out of the old Eddie Murphy movie.
Rating: 0

cat!spiritkeep

0 +0

Mar 13 '06

I've heard of ppl who live for awhile on just water alone, claiming they use the energy around them to sustain themselves. Or something like that. One of those things where you would have to see it to believe it.

There are many things I've seen/read regarding some of the practices done in different cultures and religions which were quite incredible and most strange. But going 10 months without food or water is one extraordinary claim, and is not even medically possible. So what do you guys think happened to the boy?

Eddie Murhpy movie? I'm drawing a blank PC [Big Grin]

Carrie

0 +0

Mar 13 '06

Strange story. It kinda makes me wonder if some sort of hoax is involved. Perhaps the boy passed away from the self-imposed(?) starvation and this was a cover? PC, it does sound like that old Eddie Murphy movie, was it called Golden Child? I'm drawing a blank also, but I do remember it.

I don't buy the 10 months without food or water. Buddhist monks are known to do some pretty amazing things, but I just can't see that as being medically possible. It is a shame about the kid. I hope they find him safe and sound.

PorkChopExpress

0 +0

Mar 13 '06

Yup. The movie was "The Golden Child".

I hope they find the child as well. However, I can't help but feel that the entire story is bogus. Aside from the supposed 10 months without food or water, something sets off my bs detector.

Real or fake, it is still weird.

(Golden Child quote - "Hey Bird - Did you just see a little Hare-Krishna midget in the tree, floatin'?... Or is it me?")