Forums · Bermuda Triangle

cat!spiritkeep

0 +0

Feb 15 '06

Do you believe the many ships, planes and small vessels that have gone missing are the result of something paranormal happening, or is there a natural cause and explanation for it?

I have waivered back and forth on this one. From what I've read in the bit of research I have done, there have been some interesting points made that speak to the theory that something unexplainable occurs in the area known as the triangle. Then information from opposing opinions provides interesting theories which attribute a natural cause, or a few different natural causes as reason to what happens in this area. Bad weather has been cited as reason for a few of the missing. That at times a fog so thick forms unexpectedly that vessels lose their bearings wandering off course and into rough seas, which have overturned or damaged the vessel and they sink. Or an unexpected storm hits making navigation impossible. Because it is so deep in areas the remains of the vessels are never found, nor can they be seen with sonar. Or smaller ones break up and are scattered making the pieces too small to detect. They also believe it's likely some planes suffered a malfunction that disabled instruments and key functions, or a wind sheer occured, both which could cause a plane to suddenly plummet. That perhaps some pilots were unable to send out a mayday due to the malfuntion. There may also have even been cases where a pilot (solo flyer) suffered a heart attack or aneurysm rendering him/her unable to fly or call for help. Human error has also been noted as another cause for certain instances both in the air and at sea. Then there are speculations that unpredictable ocean currents are cause, or methane gases are released. The gases create a void, there no longer is any bouyancy in the water so a ship will instantly sink, and the change in the air casues planes to simply drop out of the sky without warning.

I believe there are likely natural causes and human error that can be attributed to some, however I'm not so sure all.

The thing that gets me is that planes and vessels simply vanish off the radar, at times there is no sign of distress it's as if it happened in a fraction of a second, too quickly for a distress call to be made, or for any movement to even register on radar. How does a ship or large cargo plane sink/crash so quickly that there was no chance for communication, or time for anyone to get to a life boat or send up flares etc? I consider the many ships and liners that have sank in past, at times some have survived with the use of life boats or clinging to floating debris. And those where there were no survivors yet distress calls were made, it was known exactly where the ship/plane went down, and evidence of same have been found. Granted there have been instances of planes/vessels disappearing that have not been located but it was still known they were in distress and/or the area they went down in. Why do you never hear of debris being found from those that have been lost in the triangle? Does every plane, ship and vessel go down in one piece? The conversations had with certain pilots is also most curious. And there are the stories of ghost ships being seen. I can't recall the name of one of the ships that had vanished, but I do recall hearing the stories of it being seen floating out at sea decades after she had disappeared. Those who reported seeing the ship from a distance noted that once they came within a certain distance from it, it simply vanished. [Shock] I can understand small planes or vessels disappearing without a trace and without time to call for help, but how does a ship vanish like that and without warning?

Perhaps this mystery involves both natural causes and paranormal causes? Some were victims of nature, human error, malfunctions etc, and some met their fate due to pn causes we do not yet understand or even know of it's existence? I know it's all just speculation and I am likely stretching my thoughts here a bit, but at this point until we have a provable answer for some of the more mysterious disapperances, anything is possible I suppose. [Wink]

So what do you think, what do you believe?
Rating: 0

Ghostdancer

0 +0

Feb 16 '06

Not sure what to believe about this. I've heard that some of the better known vanishings were embellished from the "truth" about what really happened such as the flight of naval aircraft that dissapeared on a routine flight in late 1945.

cat!spiritkeep

0 +0

Feb 18 '06

I've heard that as well Ghostdancer. Although if memory serves me correctly the claims of embellishment I read came from a psuedo-skeptic, and I usually ignore anything said by cynics. As no matter what facts are presented their bias, pre-judgement and beliefs will not allow them to even for a moment consider something unusual may have occurred. To them the paranormal does not exist, and any experiences people have are just delusions. [Roll Eyes] So naturally any stories involving the triangle where some facts are presented they will claim embellishment if they are unable to find verifiable facts to disprove it. When it comes to anything paranormal they have also been known to ignore facts, not examine research done and make claims that hold no truth. I have a number of examples of that in my research notes. I was actually thinking of doing a post on some of the skeptic orgs like CSICOP and ppl like Randi etc as I've done quite a bit of research on them.

However, if an individual (who is not a psuedo-skpetic) has actually researched the facts surrounding the naval account and noted the truth was embellishede, I would tend to believe that to be true. There is one site that I have visited a cpl times now that has some very interesting info on the triangle. I believe this fellow is said to be the only person who has actually researched each and every case. Can't recall what he remarked about the naval account, but now you have me curious to know if he noted it was embellished. [Big Grin] If your interested in reading his comments let me know and I'll find the link for you. =)