Forums · Man-Dog Sighting

Ghostdancer

0 +0

Sep 5 '05

Was listening to this on Coast to Coast a few nights ago. I wish I could find a link to a more detailed story.

Strange Happenings Lately in Ohio[/URL]

Carrie

0 +0

Sep 5 '05

That is creepy. I'll have to search around and see what I come up with. I remember something from a Travel Channel show about a werewolf type creature that is legendary in that neck of the woods.
Rating: 0

cat!spiritkeep

0 +0

Sep 5 '05

We were out taking pics at a local cemetary the other night and while enroute to and from we caught parts of this show on coast to coast. Linda Godfrey, who was the guest, has written a book called The Beast of Bray Road Tailing Wisconsin's Werewolf. If you go to her site weirdmichigan.com there is some additional info on the man-dog and an excerpt from the book. Click on Michigan monsters and scroll down a bit. There is an artist sketch (her's I believe) as well. I think she has another site that may also have some info (should be listed in the recap at CtoC site).

Would love to see an actual photo of this creature, anyone know if one exists? Given that sightings have been reported back to around 1936 you would think a picture could have been had by now or evidence of what it is obtained. But then the same could be said about Bigfoot. The recap notes at CtoC on this ask "is it a supernatural being or a new species?" Hmmm a hybrid species sounds plausible but then what's to say a supernatural being isn't as well? This is a bit out there sounding I know but if abductions do happen (both human and animal) what if this and some of the other odd creatures sited around the world are the result of DNA manipulation (something more advanced then what we are currently capable of)? Not saying I think that's what this could be just throwing out some food for thought. Or this creature could be the result of humans manipulation with different animal species as well? I've read some feel a chupacabra might be just that - an experiment that was inadvertenly released. Then Nature itself may have spawned this animal as along with species becoming extinct new ones continue to be discoverd. All considerations are provided that one believes this creature does in fact exist as it's described and reported experienced.

The werewolf as some are calling this is a legend that is said to date back as early as 1591. Some believe those who acted like a werewolf was the result of some type of hallucinogen. There is also a rare genetic disorder called porphyria that can cause physical changes in appearance akin to the werewolf myth along with hysteria, delirium or depression. I personally don't believe a true werewolf exists or ever has existed but I can see why the man-dog is being associated with it given the descriptions ppl have provided.

The varied anomalous animals out there are interesting to say the least. Without evidence I guess they shall remain the myths and folklore they currently are, for me anyway. =)

nakis

0 +0

Sep 14 '05

I knew there was a federal agency for vampires and zombies.
The operator kept telling me that I was nuts and kept transfering me to various mental health facilities.
But now I know I'm right. Yeeeessssss!!

This may be attributable to the same phenomena that occurs when people see Bigfoot, Nessy, Chupakabra, apes of the American southeast, Yeti, etc... .