Forums · Jimi Hendrix

Ghostdancer

0 +0

May 11 '05

I was in downtown Seattle two years ago during a trip to that area to visit a relative. Seattle is the home town of Jimi Hendrix and there is a statue of Jimi Hendrix along one of the streets and I got into a conversation with this lady who was viewing and touching the statue who told me she new him - and believed his death involved the CIA.

Now, I had never heard this before and wondered if anyone else has.

Anyone here in Seattle? I'm visiting again next month.
Rating: 0

robbert

0 +0

May 13 '05

Yeah, i read a book a long while back, i think it was called 'Rock and roll conspierecy'. It also spoke of government involvement in the death of Morrison and a few others I can't quite recall. It talked about rock an roll and the musics message and influence on young america. they weren't ready for a young black man to create changes and influence anerican teenagers. very interesting book. hope i remembered everything correctly. [Laughing]

Ghostdancer

0 +0

May 16 '05

Though I don't believe the story myself and this woman whom I spoke of is the only one I heard this from.

There is a rumor of Jim Morrison not dying; supposedly this comes about from a claim that no one actually saw the body.

Green Witch

0 +0

May 19 '05

hey i live in seattle! =D i have never heard that but wheres hes buried in renton wa ( i think its renton) ppl say they see his spirit there all the time. another place of intrest is Kurt Cobins house off Lake Washington. Alot of people have told me they see him wander around the yard or hear him singing late at night when they walk past his house. Give me a holler if you like, or need a tour of Seattle! alot to see and do. Take care!

Ghostdancer

0 +0

May 19 '05

quote:

nakis

0 +0

May 23 '05

It's kinda funny how the most popular musicians of that time who embodied the free spirit belief ended up dead due to overdoses of drugs. Could just be coincidence. They were drug abusers. Or just a convinient explanation for covert governmental murder.
Heck, it's not like our government has ever engaged in policies that were designed to eliminate those that oppose certain views. Or that it is documented either.

Ghostdancer

0 +0

Aug 27 '05

When I was in Seattle on my most recent trip in June I strolled through the area where JH grew up and saw the high school he attended which is Garfield HS in downtown Seattle. I wanted to see the home he lived in, but didn't want to do any more walking.

I later found out that this home was actually moved from its original location and with that I decided not to see it as that takes someting away from it IMO. =( And apparently the owners have been told that they must do something with the home or it was going to be torn down.

I think there had been a plan to make it part of the JH memorial.

Green Witch

0 +0

Aug 28 '05

Wowosounds pretty cool. you know, I love that pepsi commerical where Jimmy ( shows him as a small kid) walks down the the street and he see's a pepsi and a coke machine and trying to decide between the two. By the pepsi machine there was a guitar store and the coke was a harmoncia (sp) store. "lucky" Jimmy choose the pepsi machine ( to drink one) and then went into the gutiar store as well. Was a great commerocal i thought.

Ghostdancer

0 +0

Aug 28 '05

quote:

Ghostdancer

0 +0

Mar 14 '07

Do I now understand correctly that the memorial to JH has been completed at the cemetery where he is buried and that his body has been moved there?

I saw the proposed site when I was at the cemetery in August 2002 and I know that there was a lot of objection to moving his remains.

KellKell

0 +0

Mar 15 '07

Have you tried looking this up on Snopes.com or a similar site? Just curious. I know nothing about it! [No]

Kell

Ghostdancer

0 +0

Mar 15 '07

I now understand that the answer to my question is yes. I'm glad I saw the original grave site during a prior visit and photographed it. I'm going to travel there again this August and want to check the completed memorial out.

robbert

0 +0

Mar 30 '07

Yeah, I saw that commercial also. Jimi had a choice between Pepsi and Coke. The Pepsi side of the street had a guitar shop on it , the Coke side of the street had a music shop also but it carried mainly older musical instruments. clairinets, trombones, accordians. Jimi buys a Pepsi and drinks it. The commercial ends with Purple haze being played Jimi style, on the electric guitar, then you hear Purple haze being played on the accordian. so I guess it was good that he got a pepsi and a walked in and got a stratocaster...music history was written!