Forums · The Ghost of Bellamy Bridge

There is a place here in Florida where I live called Bellamy Bridge...It is a real place...I have been myself several times...Back in the 1830s a woman died there on her wedding day...well, I have taken pictures out there and strange orbs showed up only in certain pictures so I know there is something there...If she drowned there like they say do ya'll think she maybe out to harm someone or is she friendly?
Rating: 0

cindy!spiritkeep

0 +0

Dec 19 '02

Katt, I had never heard this story, so I did some searching and found a very informative site on The Ghost Of Bellamy Bridge. It's a very interesting, but sad story. Poor Elizabeth [Sad]

I doubt that she is out to harm anyone, but it is hard to say. The article never mentioned anyone every getting hurt while visiting her grave. Sheesh poor soul, no wonder she is so restless!

Here's the link for anyone who is interested.....
http://www.rootsweb.com/~fljackso/EJCB.html[/URL]

Miss Grrl

0 +0

Dec 19 '02

I would be very very surprised if she actually hurt someone, poor thing.

I'd really like to see your pictures one day...bet they are very interesting!

Thank you so much Cindy for the information!

azspirit

0 +0

Dec 21 '02

This is quite a story!! Thanks for looking that up, Cindy. Wow, I would love to see the pics, too, Strawberrie! [Smile]

KellKell

0 +0

Dec 21 '02

I doubt she is out to harm anyone. I think, if anything, she is just a restless spirit because she burned to death on her wedding night. [Sad] And perhaps because of the grave plundering.

We'd love to see your photos from Bellamy Bridge, sometime, Kathy, if you're able to find a way to scan them (if they aren't digital).

Kell

Alan

0 +0

Dec 27 '02

One question... What part of Florida is this located? I live in central FL, in Daytona, but presently I am near the Gulf Coast. I am going back to Daytona until Monday, then my wife and I are coming back this way on the 31st as we set out to celebrate our 1st anniversary. We are planning to go to Cedar Key and then wander about a bit. But being my luck Bellamy Bridge will be near Louisiana up in the panhandle. Just curious.
Alan

Connie

0 +0

Dec 27 '02

Marianna, FL (in Jackson County) is about 66 miles north west of Tallahassee, FL. If you run a Yahoo map, you'll get a better idea of where it is.

sherman

0 +0

Oct 11 '03

Just a few miles Outside of Bristal penna,there is a bridge that crosses the neshaminy creek on Rt 13, now Bensalem township,cornwells heights.There is a historic Inn that still sits next to a modern Bridge that crosses that stream. In colonial times the bridge was just over the water and not as high as it is today One cold and windy night a young lady- who lived at the Inn at that time,and cared for her infant of perhapes one or two-went out to get coals for her bed warmer in the near by village of Bridgewater.When she returned to her room ,it was discovered that the maid who worked at the Inn had snuck in and stole the child and the two were never seen again. The girl became so depressed she died of a broken heart.Her Ghost has never been seen on the new bridge today, as it sits high above where the old one once sat.,but when the old bridge was there she could be seen walking the bridge on cold snowy nights,looking far up the neshaminy ,no doubt, looking for her long lost child!.

Well, as you all know this is an old post...but it is becoming that time of year again...Halloween...the time for all the ghosts and goblins to come out...

My husband, brother, sister, and some other friends are planning a trip down the Bellamy Bridge on Halloween night to see if we can see or hear Elizabeth...if I see or hear of anything I will be sure to share it with all of you...just keep your fingers crossed that all goes well...

Katt

Pandora2

0 +0

Oct 20 '06

Oh, are you taking a tape recorder to try for EVPs? I hope it all goes well and you find what you are looking for. Don't forget a prayer of protection, just in case. [Wink]

yes...we plan on recording some...we hope to find something....